Friends Forever Humane Society will be following these guidelines set forth for Phase Three by the Restore Illinois Plan.
For the safety of our staff and our visitors, the following guidelines will be in effect as of June 1:
- Our waiting room facilities will be closed to the public.
- Visitors to the shelter will be given a number to determine the order in which they will enter the facility.
- Upon entering the shelter, visitors will be asked to use hand sanitizer.
- Visitors will wait in their cars, or outside in the parking lot provided they are socially distancing from other people, until their number is called for them to enter the building.
- Visitor groups will be limited to two people.
- No more than two groups of visitors will be permitted in the facility at one time.
- All visitors must wear face masks. No masks will be provided, visitors must have their own.
- Face masks must be worn properly and cover both nose and mouth.
- All visitors are asked to stay 6 feet or further away from individuals who are not from their household whenever possible.
- All visitors will be asked if they are experiencing any flulike symptoms including cough, fever, shortness of breath, sore throat, or gastrointestinal issues such nausea, vomiting or diarrhea? Have you been exposed to anyone with covid? Visitors will be asked to refrain from visiting if they have/are experiencing illness or have been in contact with someone whom they know to be ill.
- All visitors will sign in, affirming that they have not experienced symptoms and have not been in close contact with someone who is experiencing symptoms or known to be ill.
- All visitors will read through these guidelines and sign their initials on the sign-in sheet, affirming that they understand and will follow these guidelines on our premises.
- Visitors will follow a one-way path through the facility in order to provide social distancing for visitors and staff.
- All visits will be limited to no more than 20 minutes.
If a visitor wishes to complete an application, he or she can do so in the parking lot or take the application home and return it at a later date. Once an application has been approved, potential adopters will be able to bring other family members to meet the animal before committing to adopt.
Thank you for helping us to reopen safely and follow the guidelines set forth by law for Phase Three of the Restore Illinois Plan. Our commitment is always to the safety and health of our animals, workers, and visitors. We appreciate our community’s commitment to these same ideals.